Who do CASAs serve?

CASAs serve children who have been adjudicated as "child in need of assistance" (CINA) by the court when the judge or another party to the case requests a CASA. Advocates are formally appointed by the court to serve the child. In Iowa the need is great.

Children in need chart

 Two girls photo

These statistics reflect "founded" abuse or neglect, with children referred for DHS supervision in calendar year 2019. Another 1,936 children had a finding of "confirmed" abuse or neglect, which is minor, isolated, and not likely to re-occur. Statistics are not yet available for 2020.

Printed from the website on March 08, 2021 at 7:22pm.